Teeth Extractions

(30.1.13) 
 
So. Just had 4 of my teeth pulled out. Wasn't actually as bad as I 
had imagined. The sedation didn't really seem to do much though. 
People had told me the medicine would make me feel drunk. But when 
I was ready to go I felt completely normal. Not good. But I got in 
the chair and just said do what you need to do. bearing in mind 
I've never had injections in my mouth before it wasn't as awful 
as I'd built it all up to be. I just lay there with my eyes closed.
I wont go into details about the actual taking teeth out as it's
not very pleasant, but the whole thing was over in 10 mins max. 
When the procedure was finished, his dental nurse asked if I 
wanted to keep my teeth! My automatic response was NO! Why on 
earth! But my Mum (who took me to the appointment) said to keep 
them as I might be curious... ha! 
 
They are still in the box.
It is now 4 months since that day and I still haven't plucked up 
the courage to look. Maybe when its all over and the braces are 
finally off and I'm all done, then I'll have a peek! Anyway, 
after the extractions my face felt ENORMOUS due to the injections, 
but the holes stopped bleeding as they were meant to except for 
one naughty one that I had to bite down on one of these funny 
cotton pads the dentist gives you. Spent the rest of the day 
letting the diazepam wear off. It finally seemed to kick in 
about 2 hours after the extraction and I dosed off! 
 
 

Comments

  1. The Best Dentists in Orange County dentist on Yelp. Read about spots like: Smile Solutions Dentistry, Cosmetic and Dental Implant Center, crown and denture, straight teeth without braces, local dentist, extractions, root canal, braces.


    Extractions

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts